Saturday, April 2, 2011

CHARACTER FLUTES

My character flutes are my first love. When I saw my first image of Kokopelli, I immediately noticed the bent or “arched’ shape of his flute. I had to know why the majority of these images had the flute bending down towards the ground vs. a straight flute profile. When investigating the local Yucca stalks that ha fallen to the ground, I noticed that most of them had a very similar bend to the ones always pictured in Kokopelli’s hands. I have been especially fond of this style of flutes ever since.

My character flutes are those with unique twists and bends in them. Sometimes the tome of the flute is slightly affected… but that is what I love most about them. Every flute I make has a very unique voice and I wouldn’t have it any other way. If you are looking for the “tight” repeatable sound of a lumber or PVC pipe flute… my flutes are not for you. However… if you want to shut your eyes and wander back in time and imagine the sounds of nature, the echo of the canyon walls and maybe the smell of a nearby campfire as you play… you have found the right place.

NATIVE AMERICAN STYLE FLUTES IN ARIZONA | YUCCA FLUTES | AGAVE FLUTES
RIVER CANE FLUTES | HANDCRAFTED LOVE FLUTES IN ARIZONA