Saturday, April 2, 2011

THE WOODS

ARIZONA NATIVE AMERICAN STYLE FLUTES MADE FROM ARIZONA NATIVE WOODS:

If you really want to know what is different about my Native American Style Flutes… it’s the materials I use when crafting them. I have seen many Native American flutes over the years, and I will admit that my first flute was a purchased flute made of aromatic red cedar. I still love that flute today because it changed my life. But I still play the first flute I ever made myself over 15 years ago more than any other. That flute has been worked and re-worked several times as I did not know anything about tuning them when I jumped into the project… I just rolled up my sleeves and went for it!

Amazingly… after all of the tweaks and repairs… this flute has a warm, round tone that is familiar to me and I always choose to play it first. It has been all over the country with me and around many campfires and small performances. I included a picture of it at the bottom of this page.

ARIZONA RIVER CANE (GIANT REED GRASS)

YUCCA STALKS

AGAVE STALKS